Summary: Updates and maintains website and other social media for the Mission Advancement Office, design projects for print and online publication, and other duties as assigned. This is a part-time position (25 hours a week) with the possibility of becoming full-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Updates and maintains Mission Advancement web pages and other social media.
- Creates and sends regular e-news and communications.
- Coordinates production of public relations materials to enhance institution image and promote fundraising program.
- Prepares and designs projects for print and online publication.
- Assists with events.
- Take pictures as needed.
- Creates videos for Mission Advancement including filming and editing of video clips.
- Assists Mission Advancement Assistant with gift processing as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintains confidentiality; listens and gets clarification; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality; uses time efficiently; is consistently at work and on time.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs.
- Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail and artistic ability.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of design software, internet software and database software.
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- Work Environment
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All employees of the Franciscan Sisters TOR are expected to conduct themselves at all times according to gospel and professional standards of behavior as described in our Employee Handbook.
Interested individuals may send their resume to Sr. Mary Markita Kratochvil, TOR at firstname.lastname@example.org.